Maria's Chili

Had a little get together last night. My friend Maria made a wonderful vegetarian chili from some stuff I had and some items she brought.

Maria's Chili
1 medium onion, chopped in little squares
1 green pepper, chopped in little squares
1 tube b**f-style Gimme Lean
one 16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
one 16 oz. can white northern beans, drained and rinsed
one 16 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
one 1 16 oz. bag frozen corn kernels
one 16 oz. jar medium salsa
1 packet taco seasoning
Generous amount of thyme, garlic powder and parsley (probably 2T. each)
Cooking spray (optional)

Spray big nonstick pot with cooking spray. Heat to medium high.  Sauté onions for a few minutes, then add the Gimme Lean, broken up. Cook for a few minutes, breaking up the Gimme Lean with your spoon. Add the green pepper. Stir for a few more minutes, until it starts to smell really great. Add the rest of the ingredients one at a time, except for the frozen corn.  Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the corn, and stir slowly. The chili will need to cook down for about 20 minutes.

Serve in individual bowls over steamed brown rice, accompanied by fresh whole wheat rolls. [If you are a wine lover, try Luna di Luna Chardonnay with this dish.] Everyone loved this chili!  By the way, this is the second time I've tried the Gimme Lean, because of all the people on this list who've raved about it. I think next time I'll try the saus*ge style and make Saus*ge and Pepper something or other.  I figure I'd make up the recipe, unless anyone has a good one to share?
Thanks,
Amy

D E C K E R
America's Premier Microagency