sweet potato/yam pudding

> Hi all...someone posted a sweet potato (or yam) recipe here not very
> long ago but I have lost it.  The person was baking it for a very long
> time in the oven and it carmelized or something like that.  Could that
> person repost or someone else who managed not to lose it?  Thanks
> KarenM

Thank you for asking about one of my favorite foods!!  It is probably me
that posted the recipe, though I originally got it from someone else on
the list.

I really like sweet potatoes (the red/orange variety, not yellowish) as
follows: wrap in foil, bake at 400F for 3 hours, let cool slightly, take
the peels off and eat them right away, put the rest in a bowl in the fridge
and eat as a snack.  Yum yum yum and very sweet.

Here's the recipe for a sort of pudding based on these potatoes.  It's
amazing how sweet and creamy this becomes after adding orange juice and
food processing (don't cheat, keep processing it as long as it says!!).

I'm on the road, so I don't have the exact recipe, but it is pretty
much:

Yam Pudding

3 yams (or sweet potatoes)
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tsp cinnamon

Bake yams at 400F for 3 hours.  Peel and place in a bowl.  Add juice
and cinnamon and food process/blend for 10 minutes.  Keep in the
refridgerator.

Ellen

Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	(510) 647-2807
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	(510) 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen