Roasted Tomato Sauce

Barb,

The recipe you posted did not give the total roasting time.  It sounds
delicious!  How long should it be roasted?

When do you get the first frost up there?  I don't think my mental
health could withstand the long winters.  I'm about as far north as
I can stand to be right now in southeastern Virginia!  Although I do
love those Canadian summers, except for the cargo-plane-sized
mosquitos!

Here's a recipe for a fruit smoothie I've been making variations of
this summer:

Peach Smoothie

1 cup frozen peach slices
1/2 banana, sliced
3 tablespoons nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup orange juice or apple juice
1/2 cup nonfat rice milk
optional sugar to taste (I like it plain, my sister's family puts up to
1 Tbsp sugar in)

Throw all ingredients in the blender and chop and then puree for many
seconds until it is delightfully smooth.  I usually have to stir it up
a bit during blending if I didn't put quite enough liquids in.

I've made variations substituting ice cubes for the frozen fruit and
adding other fresh fruits or even cocoa powder and the other half
banana.  Substituting the fresh fruits sometimes requires a little
extra liquid, and when I do the banana and cocoa powder, I definitely
have to add more liquid, usually rice milk or water.  The ice cubes
make a more grainy texture than the frozen peaches.

Any way you make it, it's a delicious, nonfat, somewhat nutritious
treat, treat, treat!

--
Roborant Rovings!       o
                       /|\__