Just Sundry Items

I haven't posted in awhile.  Thought I'd post a few snack ideas that
have just tasted reall good to me and are low in fat and high in fiber.

Mix equal parts of your favorite bottled or homemade vlf salsa and
either dairy or soy yogurt.  (I have only found soy yogurts that are
vlf, not fatfree)  This can be as spicy or mild as you want it to be.
I use roughly 1/4 cup of each.

Eat with your favorite munchy.

I have been using fresh cucumbers and zuchinni from my garden as well as
bite-sized shredded wheat.  I just threw the shredded wheat right into
the dip and ate like cereal (a little strange but very tasty)

For those of you who have  mint in your garden and like iced tea...

Take a large handful of one or more varieties of mint, wash and pat dry.
Add to a clear container along with one teaspoon of jasmine or green
tea. Fill with water. Let sit in the sun and steep.  Alternatively, pour
boiling water into the container and let steep in the fridge.
I also discovered that if I put those same ingredients in my french
press coffee maker, it tastes fabulous and makes a smaller amount so I
don't have to store it in the fridge.  Just pour over crushed ice.

Take a slice of store-bought or homemade whole-wheat bread (homemade has
a better texture for this.
On the bread, put a few slices of cucumber, zuchinni, or shredded
carrot, top with a slice of vlf firm tofu, and a dollop of salsa.
Sprinkle the top with either minced flat-leaf parsley or cilantro to
taste.  Top with another slice of bread if desired.

These are so easy I hate to post them.
--
If I'm too strong for some people, that's their problem -Glenda Jackson