REC: Crispy Oriental Salad

Laurie, here's the recipe I posted recently that you were asking for.  I
found it in a
mailing from our local natural food store, The Outpost, which says it was
taken originally from the Vegetarian Times.  Hope you enjoy it!

CRISPY ORIENTAL SALAD

1 cup torn leaf lettuce
1 cup torn chinese cabbage
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/2 cup trimmed snow peas
1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots
1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped broccoli
3 TB soy sauce
3 TB rice vinegar
2 TB water
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp minced ginger root

Combine all vegetables in a large bowl.  Toss to mix and set aside.  Combine
rest of ingredients for dressing in a blender or a small jar.  Process briefly
or shake well to combine.  Pour over salad and toss to coat.  Serve at once.

Natalie in Milwaukee
natalie.frankel@xxxxxxxxxx