Re: Rice Cooker

I love mine for cooking brown rice.  It takes a bit longer than cooking in
on the stove, but I don't have to worry about it boiling over, or
sticking.  I put it on and then go do something else for a while.  I've
never had a failure in the two years I've been using it.  (Except for the
time I asked my husband to start it, and he did everything right--but
didn't plug it in!) I only wish I had the larger size steamer.  I've also
made quinoa, barley, white rice, and polenta.  I don't use it for veggies
that often--they usually get nuked, but when I have used it, it worked
fine.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)