Sweet 'N Sour Chicken (Not)

Yesterday I received my first order from Dixie and decided to try the Sweet
'N Sour Chicken (Not) recipe that came with the order. It was delicious!
Thought that I'd pass along the recipe because I know a lot of the folks on
the list use Dixie's Chicken (Not). I cut the recipe in half and it still
made a huge amount of food. Two of us ate huge servings and there was
enough left for a snack today.

A lot of the recipes that came with the order call for Dixie's Creme It.
Looks like I'll be ordering that next time. The Sweet 'N Sour called for 2
tablespoons of Creme It in the sauce, but the sauce was terrific without it.

Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Bethann

Sweet 'N Sour Chicken (Not)
Serves 5-6

2 cups Chicken (Not) strips
2 Tbsp. broth powder
2 cups water
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion

Sauce:
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup ketchup
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained (save 3/4 cup juice)

Mix Chicken (Not), broth powder, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Zap,
covered, for 6 minutes or until strips are tender. Chop peppers and onion
into medium-sized chunks, place in a microwave-save bowl and zap, covered,
for 5 minutes.

For sauce: Combine the garlic powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar,
reserved pineapple juice, and pineapple chunks in a saucepan. Heat and stir.

Combine Chicken (Not), vegetables, and sauce. Serve over brown rice.

Bethann D. Watson          Senior Technical Editor
(919) 472-2117             Cisco Systems, Inc.

Ultimately time is all you have and the idea isn't
to save it, but to savor it.   ---Ellen Goodman