Re: FATFREE Digest V98 #18

<< Since I started looking seriously at lentil recipes, I have been
 intrigued with the instruction "rinse and pick over".

 What exactly am I picking them over for? I assume it is to remove
 something, but I have never found anything that needed removing.

I've always been told to pick over dried beans because sometimes small stones
get mixed in with them. I assume the same is true for lentils, too.