Parboil

In answer to the question about what parboiling means. It is simply a
means of starting the cooking process by boiling something for a few
seconds or a few minutes. Also referred to as blanching. For instance
you might parboil potato pieces for 5 minutes or a tomato for 30 secs.
Any good cookbook will have a cooking terms dictionary in it.
Regarding crock pot beans. I prefer to soak them in a separate pot
overnight. I like to rinse off the soaking water as it will be dirty
and then rinse the beans thoroughly.  If using canned beans, no soaking
is required and the cooking time will be less. I hope this helps. Mike.