non-dairy milk & Bean Dip

Happy New Year everyone.

I haven't been turned off by any of the products I've used, but I prefer Rice
Milk, I cannot remember brand names at the moment, but I believe I've tried 2
or 3 brands, all of them were okay.  Also just finished a carton of Edensoy
(soymilk) I couldn't taste anything unusual or unpleasant.  I just prefer rice
milk, it seems that it would be easier to digest, but this is just an opinion,
I have nothing to back it up.
Also I don't drink any of it straight, except some carob flavored, once.  It
is used in beverage Shakes or in cooking or on cereal, so maybe there would be
a preference if it was used otherwise.

In our local newspaper there was a piece about a new cookbook, *Looneyspoons*
by Janet and Greta Podleski.  Low fat, but really not low enough for this
group, at least in the recipes they shared, but could  be easily adapted I
think.   Also there are meat based recipes in the book.  The following is
something I'm going to try, adjusting for fatfree.

BEAN THERE, DUNKED THAT

1 can (15 oz.) white kidney beans (canellini), drained and rinsed
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream* (I'll substitute non-fat)
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon tahini* (omit)
1/2 teaspoon honey* (omit if you are vegan)
1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander, salt and black pepper
Wedges of pita

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until
smooth.  Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.  Serve with pita.  Makes 1
1/2 cups.
Comments from the authors: *This recipe is a creamy, garlicky dip made of lean
beans that is similar to hummus, but lower in fat. and make it once and
everyone will be begging you to make it again, it is a recipe that really gets
around.*

Nutrition Data (as per ORIGINAL recipe)
Calories 73  Carbohydrates 14 g  Protein 6 g  Sodium 228 mg  Cholesterol 0 mg
Fat 2 g   Calories from fats:  18%

I believe this is acceptable for this list with the adaptions *starred and it
is a bit different from other  bean dips I've seen on this list, especially
the coriander.

Thanks as always to Michelle for providing us with this service and to all of
you for your great posts.

Barbara in FL