Donuts

Hi Sharon

I have had some success with this recipe, although it is a little different than your
standard donut it still tastes good.  I haven't managed to make them donut shaped,
but you could probably do it.  These taste great with chocolate icing.  I'm afraid
this recipe is lact-ovo vegetarian, I hope that is ok.  My SAD boyfriend loved these so
that is a pretty good test.

Different Doughnuts (9)
Based on recipe by Southern Success Recipes

Preheat oven to 220'C. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

Sift together

1 7/8 cup flour
2 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/8 tsp nutmeg

Add in and mix well

1/8 cup + 1 3/4 Tbs apple sauce

Stir in

1 egg white (or 1.5 Tbs apple sauce)
1/4 cup yogurt (+ 1 tsp sugar if not sweetened)
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/2 Tbs vanilla essence

Stir until just moistened.

Put spoonfuls on ray and flatten or shape like a donut.

Bake for 12 minutes.  Once baked cool on wire rack and then top with chocolate or
strawberry icing.

YUM this is making me hungry and it is only 10am :-)

Happy baking

Phil :-)

Philippa Martin BE (HONS)
PhD Student,
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
University of Canterbury,
Private Bag 4800,
Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND.

Phone: wk. [64](3) 364-2987 extn 7034