Mock chicken broth

What really gives chicken broth its flavor?  It sure isn't the poor bird,
all it adds is grease.

I make a "mock" chicken broth in a few minutes.

What you need:

1 quart of water
2 carrots sliced on the diagonal
2 ribs celery, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced

What to do with what you have:

Toss everything into a pressure cooker and cook for about 10 minutes or...
Toss everything into a pot, bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a slow
simmer for about 30 minutes.

When done, remove half of the vegetables.  Pour the remaining veggies and
liquid into a Vita-Mix and blend for about 30 seconds.  If you don't have a
Vita-Mix, pour into a blender and use highest speed for about one or two
minutes.

What you will have is a broth that tastes virtually identical to chicken
soup, but with zero grams of fat (okay, pretty darned close to zero) and
some left over veggies to munch on or toss back into the homogenized broth.

This is similar to a recipe I sent in a few weeks ago, but a tad more
refined.

Beverly Kurtin