Athletes and Vegetarians

Hi.  Many of you all probably don't know me but, what the heck.  My name is
Pam Mayer and I am a 16 year old Ovo-Vegetarian.  I am also a competitive
Gymnast.  Level 10, actually.  I made the decision to become a vegetarian
partially because I have a lot of food allergies and the fact that I just
don't like meat.  I've been a vegetarian for about a year-and-a-half now and I
noticed that when I began to eat healthier, my gymnastics got better.

What I wanted to ask you guys was this:  Do any of you have any tips for a
meal to eat before a competition.  I usually will have some pasta and bread
the night before and the day of the competition I will have a bagel with some
Yves Veggie stuff on it.  Either their deli slices or whatever I find in the
fridge.  Along with the bagel, I will have some juice and a bowl of cereal.  I
have been doign that forever and I am sick to death of cereal and bagels.
Does anybody have any other carbohydrate suggestions that are VLF and ovo-
vegetarian? Thanks

Pam

http://www.thegym.net/pammayer