Re: Cast-iron cookware

on Tue, 4 Aug 1998 13:58:24 , Gloria Geller <Gloria.Geller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>I got a cast-iron pot as a gift, and I'm trying
>to figure out if I want to keep it or not.
>If you use cast-iron cookware, please let me know
If you have several pieces, then you are a lucky person.  Although it does
take some care I have a couple pots and pans that I use.  The key things to
remeber is to not wash it with soap and store it dry.

I cook stews, stuffed grape leaves, and sauces in the skillet.  The nice
thing about cast iron is that there is not the worry of aluminum and
teflon, but is easier to clean than stainless steel.

A side benift is the alleged fortification of food with iron.  The main
problem is the care and weight.

Ralph

This is the song that doesn't end, it goes on and on my friend
some people started singing it, not knowing what it was
and they'll continue singing it forever just because