how do I use my pizza stone?

Folks --

I just received a pizza stone as a gift! Joy!
It came with no directions! Bummer!

Anyway, I tried using it last night. I had a prepackaged (just add water and
wait 5 minutes) pizza dough mix... the directions said to make the dough,
spread it out on a cookie sheet, put olive o*l on it and then my toppings,
and cook at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

I *tried* to adapt this to use on my pizza stone, but FAILED miserably. I
spread out the dough and added chopped tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and
garlic. Put it in the oven at 400 and after over 20 minutes it STILL wasn't
done in the middle, but the edges were burning and drying out.  PLUS it
stuck to the stone LIKE CRAZY.

If anybody has ANY experience using a pizza stone, I'd love to know:

- recommended oven temperature
- recommended cooking times
- how to keep the dough from sticking to the stone (without copious use of
olive o*l)

plus any recipe ideas for dough would be more than welcome... I think part
of  my problem was the brand of dough I used...

aTdHvAaNnKcSe!!!!

Kellie