pumpkin recipe

I absolutely love this recipe made with brown basmati rice and orange juice.
Apple juice can be used or water only. You can eat as is or it's also great
(even at room temp.) in a WW pita for lunch on the go.

Pumpkin with Rice and Ginger

1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 scant Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 cup rice
2 1/2 cups liquid (1 cup orange juice + 1 1/2 cups water)
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp nutmeg, or to taste
1 heaping Tbsp chopped parsley
1/4 cup raisins, optional

Saute onion and ginger in liquid of choice till soft. Add rice and stir well
for 1 minute. Then add liquid, pumpkin, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and mix
well. (I also add raisins now although recipe calls for them to be sprinkled
over finished dish.) Bring to a boil, cover, and cook on medium-low heat
until liquid is absorbed. Stir and correct seasonings. Serve sprinkled with
parsley and raisins (if not added earlier). The recipe also called for 2
Tbsp optional chopped nuts which would up the fat content. I didn't use them.

Makes 4-6 generous servings: 227 cal, 4 gm pro, 48 g carb, 0 fat, 0 chol,
140 mg sodium

I don't know whether the nutritional breakdown is for 4 or 6 servings, but
either way it's a deal.

Carla