Recipe request

I hope one of my fellow ff-ers can help me with this one.  Lately, I
have been really craving those oily marinated artichoke hearts that I
lived on (and therefore gained 55 pounds in 3 years) in the past.  I was
wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what spices to use to
mimick the flavor.  I figured if I can get the marinade ingredients
narrowed down, I can buy the plain ones (or even fresh ones) and make an
oil-free marinades to use on salads and stuff.  If you have any ideas,
let me know.  So far, I've come up with white wine vinegar, lemon juice,
basil, oregano and garlic ... but there is something missing besides the
oil.

Thanks!

Leah in Cleveland