Juicing

Liz said:
>Can any one help me out ?  I'm trying juicing , carrot juice is" the juice".
>Is there any way to make it taste good ?  Also what can you do with all that
>pulp ?

You can make delicious fresh juices! Just remember  that it is better
nutritionally to eat the whole veggie - you lose a lot of fibre when you
juice and the result is more calorie dense... However...

Gingered Carrot Juice
2 apples
4 big carrots
1inch peeled ginger root

Throw all these in the macine and juice away.  Drink it soon or it will
oxidise and taste yucky.

Bannana Carrot Juice
2 apples
4 big carrots
1 ripe bannana
Throw all these in the macine and juice away. Sounds weird, tastes good.

I really like to use carrot pulp in soups -cook it up with some juice or
stock for a quick lunch.  It also makes delightfully orange mashed potatoes
if you cook it for a few minutes, then mash it in.