Mock crab cakes

Hi, all,

Saw this on the Veggies Unite board and cut-and-pasted it for you all, since
it sounded promising for using up zucchini.  I would think you could use the
squeezed-out juices in a veggie stock rather than wasting them.  It's
word-for-word except that the author fried his in oil and I made a spelling
correction and added a note re:  the flaxseed egg replacer.

 From John Peterson
Mock Crab Cakes

4 tablespoons of brown flax seed (to make egg replacer)
2 cups of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of vegan mayonnaise (optional)
1 small onion, grated
1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
2 cups grated zucchini with juice squeezed out

To make egg-replacer: Pour four cups of water and the flax seed into a large
pot. {NOTE:  If I recall, Noel ties her flaxseed in cheesecloth to save
trouble.}  Bring to a boil. Boil down to about 3 cups. Pour out about 1/3 cup
of the egg-replacer into large bowl (Try to keep the flax seed from getting
into the bowl -- it is ok if some of it does get in though.). (This
egg-replacer works very well for a wide variety of recipes. One-fourth cup is
equal to one large egg. It can stay in the refrigerator for weeks and can be
frozen for future use.)

Mix in the remaining ingredients. Fry or bake until golden brown.
Can be sprinkled with paprika and dipped in vegan tartar sauce.
Serves: 5
Preparation time: 30 Minutes

Hey, Michelle, are new recipes still being added to your web site?