Using TVP

To the person who didn't like the color of TVP - in the process of looking
for meat substitutes for my SAD children (the only thing they really like is
ground beef, not so much chicken or steaks) I tried TVP.  I found I could not
change the color or texture much and we hated it in spaghetti sauce and
chili, but I did find that it was an ideal substitute for chopped clams!  If
you used to make pasta with clam sauce or paella, you just substitute the TVP
for the seafood.  My kids didn't even question it - the texture was
identical.