Re: Pizza Stones

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 adritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have never found that the stone "absorbs" a lot of oven heat and causes
> any foods to need any extra baking time.

Yes, I agree.  The stone (assuming you've completely preheated your oven)
will actually make the oven temperature more stable--if the oven temp
starts to drop, the stone releases some of its heat, keeping the oven
temperature from dropping very far.

Susan "Ask me more questions about thermal mass" Lehman
UNC-CH
Go Heels!