super bread!!

This bread is wonderful.  No fat and full of whole grains.  By the way can
someone send me the digest that went out today Tuesday Nov 5th.  I was a
little quick with the delete button ( my mailbox was filled with trash this
morning!! )

Thanks

Newshock@xxxxxxx

Super Bread

2 cups of water
4 tablespoons of sugar  (white, brown, honey or molasses)  you choose
3/4 cup of non-fat dry milk
1 tablespoon dry active yeast
1to 11/2 cups of any combination of the following
   cracked wheat, oatmeal, steel-cut oats, triticale, wheat, barley, rye
cornmeal, wheat germ, wheat or oat bran.

Mix all of the above ingrediants and let sit in a cool dry place for 3 - 8
hours.  This will produce a nice sponge.

Then add
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tablespoons of vital glutan
1 tablespoon of salt
3 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup additional water.

nead for 4 minutes.  let it sit 5 minutes, nead for additional 4 minutes.
 then let rise one hour.  Punch it down, place in bread pan ( or it makes
great rolls if you use muffin pan)  and let rise another hour.

15 minutes before baking heat the oven to 350 degrees.  The bake from 15-25
minutes depending on the shape of the bread.  It is done when you tap on it
and it sounds hollow and has a nice golden crust.