Re: Ginger

On 5 Nov 1997 Chris.Hauge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I remember reading on this list that you could freeze ginger root.  Do you
> have to peel it first?  I understand that you can just grate it straight
> from the freezer.  I have never used ginger before any tips would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thank you ahead of time.

I freeze mine unpeeled, then trim the peel off the frozen ginger and
grate it.  Works pretty well.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)