David Lynn's beans

David Lynn said :
>Is there a recommendation for beans?  I would love to cook my own beans
>once a week, but I'm always hesitant to waste them by the end of the
>week when they aren't good any more.  If I just refrigerate cooked
>black beans, for instance, how long do that last?  Or should I freeze
>them?

My husband and I are ridiculously neurotic about food safety and
won't eat food that's been refrigerated more than a couple of days.
So after dinner, I freeze the rest in whatever
recipe-sized containers are handy.  You can even put cooled
beans in ziplocks. I've frozen cooked black beans, pinto beans,
and garbonzos.  You could probably freeze any bean.
--Maggie