jack o'lantern casserole

my neighbor gave me this recipe.  we tried it for dinner last night and
liked it.  the pumpkins we had were way too big to fit in a dish so i
used two smaller pumpkins and divided the recipe in half.

PUMPKIN CASSEROLE <T>
1 pumpkin, 10" diameter (size of 2 1/2 quart casserole)
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups canned or cooked kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 small can chopped chilies (we didn't have any)
1 chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 sliced tomatoes (i used canned diced tomatoes and drained the juice)
1 can corn, drained
3/4 cup grated ff cheddar cheese
preheat oven to 400 degrees.  cut lid in top of pumpkin and scoop out
seeds.  mix together rice, beans, seasonings and put into pumpkin.  layer
corn then tomatoes.  put pumpkin lid on, place in baking dish with one
inch water and bake at 400 for one hour.  remove lid and top with cheese.
 replace lid and bake another 1/2 hour (we did 15 minutes) until pumpkin
is teder.  serve out of pumpkin shell, being sure to spoon some cooked
pumpkin with each.