Re: Matzo Balls

Hi,

Marion writes:
>As far as using baking soda to make matzoh balls, while it's ok for most of
>the year, it's not acceptable for Passover.

Baking SODA is permissable for Passover -- it is baking POWDER that is
problematic (because of the cornstarch).  Here in Israel we even have
kosher for Passover baking powder which uses potato starch instead of
cornstarch.

Just wanted to clarify this.

A trick that my mother used for lighter matzo balls was to use carbonated
water (seltzer or club soda) as the liquid.

Annice