freezing yogurt safely

<<I read somewhere that film canisters are NOT made of food grade plastic,
and should not be used to store food. It was in the context of using them
for spices, but I fear using them for yogurt is no better. Anybody know
more?>>

I freeze mine in ice cube trays then store in a plastic freezer bag.  Each
is about 2 T. .. perfect to use to make a quart of fresh homemade yogurt
which I incubate on a heating pad on low, though I've have a yogurt maker
for 25 years.  This is easier. :)

Hope this helps,
Lazy Katja