pie crust and thanksgiving musings

I like to browse through "Gail's recipe swap" on the Gourmet/Epicurious
web site. Sometimes I get some ideas and inspiration. And sometimes I
get surprises, like this one that is right in time for Thanksgiving.  I
have not tried this out, so if someone does experiment with this, let us
know how it turns out. It was recommended that it be rolled out between
two sheets of plastic wrap (or waxed paper, baking parchment).

Pie crust from the Eight Week Cholesterol cure by Robert Kowalski

1 cup sifted plain flour
1/3 cup light corn syrup
2 tabs skim milk
3/4 teas salt (optionsl)

Mix flour and salt. combine skyrup and milk and add all at once to the
flour mixture.
Stir with a fork until thoroughly mixed Roll out dough between sheets of
waxed paper
lightly dusted with flour. Makes enough for one crust.

Another tip I gleaned from this recipe swap site:

Pumpkin Pie Spice

3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 to 1 tsp. ground mace
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

I made a killer dinner the other night - a very autumnal theme. I bought
some miniature pumpkins (_not_ easy to find here) and baked them, filled
with a rice and wild mushroom mixture (porcini, pfifferlinge and
shitaki). I used a 7 grain rice mixture (actually Uncle Bens 7 Korn
Equalina here in the German speaking corner of Switzerland - is this
available in the US as well?) so it had a nice colour and texture.

good luck with the Thanksgiving menus (flying home next week to partake
in the celebrations),

Victoria (in overcast Zurich where wee pumpkins are hard to find)