Kugel

This if for the person looking for a recipe for Kugel.  This recipe
comes straight from Laurel's Kitchen.  I have never made it before, but
everything else I've tried from this cook book is great.

Potato Carrot Kugel

1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons water
1 clove garlic, pressed
3/4 cup vegetable stock or water
1 cup grated carrots or
     2 cups winter squash
3 cups grated potatoes
2 egg equivalents (egg beaters or Ener-G)

1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Saute onion in water until well done, and add garlic.  Add stock, carrots,
and potatoes and cook for 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in eggs.
Mix together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and seasonings and
add to vegetables.  Pour into a greased baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
Serves 4-6.

Her comment:  A kugel is a pudding, and it comes in many forms.  This
delicious version is almost a meal in itself:  serve with a green
vegetable and salad and you're there.

Angi