recipes

I've been lurking for quite awhile, so I thought I'd finally post a few
recipes from my files.  I really enjoy this list and look forward to
receiving every day. Keep up the good work everyone!
RED SALSA
2-4 tbl finely chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 large ripe tomatoes
2-4 serrano peppers, minced
2-4 tbl. minced cilantro
1-2 tbl. lemon or lime juice
salt and pepper

Put chopped onion and garlic into strainer and pour 2 cups boiling water
over them; drain thoroughly and discard water.  Cool.  Peel tomatoes,
remove seeds and chop.  Combine tomatoes with onion, garlic, peppers,
cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Refrigerate to allow for
flavors to blend.  Makes 2 cups.

SPINACH CHEDDAR SQUARES
Prep time - 10 minutes.  Makes 16 appetizers.

1 ½ cups Egg Beaters
¾ cup non-fat milk
1 tbl. onion flakes
1 tbl. FF grated parmesan cheese
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
¼ cup dry bread crumbs
¾ cup FF cheddar cheese
1 - 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
¼ cup diced pimientos, optional

In medium bowl, combine Egg Beaters, milk, onion flakes, parmesan
cheese, garlic powder, and black pepper;  set aside.  Sprinkle bread
crumbs evenly onto bottom of 8x8x2 baking dish (lightly spray
w/vegetable spray).  Top with ½ cup of FF cheddar cheese and spinach.
Pour Egg Beaters mixture evenly over spinach; top with remaining FF
cheddar cheese (and pimientos, if desired).  Baked at 350 for 35-40
minutes or till set.  Let sit for 10 minutes.  Cut into 2 inch squares.
Serve hot.  Nutritional info:  Calories 39, Saturated Fat 0g, Sodium
134mg, Cholesterol 1mg, Total fat 0g.

APPLE COLESLAW
1 cup FF Miracle Whip Dressing
1 tbl. Honey
3 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 ½ cups chopped apples

Mix dressing and honey in large bowl.  Add remaining ingredients and
refrigerate till chilled.  Makes 6 servings.

CUCUMBER DILL DIP
2 cups well drained shredded peeled cucumber
½ cup FF Miracle Whip salad dressing
½ cup FF sour cream
¼ cup finely chopped onion
½ tsp dill weed
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt

Mix all and refrigerate.  Serve with assorted cut up vegetables.  Makes
3 cups.

Dawn Baumbach
Houston, TX