New comer

I'm a new comer to this site and find everything very new and
interesting.
We do eat meat(fish&turkey) but only a couple of times every week - often
because I find it hard to find new veggie things to make but this site
absolutly change that.
But as a "beginner" - I need some help.
Somebody talked about fatfree carrot muffin - where can I find that
receipe?
What excactly is tofu and how do I use it? Is it meat replacement? I
heard that you can marinate it and grill it???
I tasted some - I think - lenses - small(size as big caviar)and black -
I really like them - can any guess what it was????
Thanks for your help!!! Tine "the beginner"