Great Salad Dressing and Great Dip

LIGHT RANCH DRESSING and RANCH VEGETABLE DIP

I am fussy about dressings and this is the first I've found to be as tasty
as I'd like as well as very low in fat. This was adapted from Cook It Light
by Jeanne Jones

The herbs are prepared in a larger quantity (1/2 cup of mix) and are to be
kept in a small jar to be used for either the dressing or the dip when
needed. Store them in a cool, dry place.

The Herb Mixture:

1/4 cup dried parsley
3 1/2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 teaspoons dried chives
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or dry minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon celery seed or celery salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt (optional - I don't add it.)

        Mix ingredients well and store

Light Ranch Dressing:

1/4 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise
        (Note: I have used no fat mayonnaise but the dressing doesn't
thicken well,
                although the taste is the same.)
3/4 cup buttermilk

Combine 1 tablespoon of the dressing mix (above) with the mayonnaise and
mix thoroughly using a wire whisk.  Slowly add the buttermilk, stirring
constantly until well mixed. Refrigerate in a tightly covered container.
Makes 1 cup of dressing.

Two tablespoons contain approximately: 20 Cal.;  1 gm Fat (or .5 with no
fat mayo);

Ranch Vegetable Dip:

1/4 cup no fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup no fat yogurt

Combine 1 tablespoon of the dressing mix above with yogurt and mayonnaise.
Blend well.  Let sit for at least a half hour.  Makes a great dip for
cucumbers, celery, etc. Makes 1/2 cup

One half cup contains no fat.