pesto

>I have recently been told I have a liver diesease, so now I am on a lowfat
>diet.  Anyway would like to ask if pesto is high in fat?  I have some (given
>to me) but I don't know what is in it.  Can someone help me?

Pesto, as I understand is the green sauce made of ground basil, is it not?
In this case, pesto is normally made with ground pine nuts and olive oil.
While the olive oil is 'healthy' for you, both that and the nuts make the
sauce VERY high in fat.  Shame- looks green and light, but it isn't...ground
tomatoes and herbs are the way to go!

Sharon
SHARON McCLEAVE BSc(Hons)Ost MRO
Registered Osteopath-------