Japanese sweet cake

Freida wrote,"I watched a video with my daughter recently and there was a scene
in which a
group of young friends went to visit a Japanese woman who served them tea and
something she called "Japanese Sweetcake."  She said it was made with rice and
beans.  "  and wanted to know what it is and how to make it.  I know what it
is, and have eaten it  on many occasions, but as for making it, I would love to
experiment.  What the sweetcake is - soybean protein mixed with rice gluten and
some rice flour.  It is not a leavened or bready type dish.  It generally is of
a heavy almost gelatin consistency, but with more presence or substance.
Generally, it is molded into shape while still quite fluid, and refrigerated
until set.  I would begin with the soy flour, rice flour and some extra rice
gluten (for setting) and use some sort of flavoring to spruce it up.  I
certainly hope there is a recipe somewhere.  Good luck!