Recipe

Lee Ann, do you consider sweet potatoes and yams the same?  I think they
are close enough.

Here'a recipe I like and I'm not big on sweet potatoes.  It comes from
the cookbook, Lean and Luscious and Meatless by Bobbi Hinman and
Millie Snyder.

Sweet Stuffed Sweets

>These delicious pineapple-flavored sweet potatoes can be stuffed a day
>ahead and baked when needed.

Makes 4 servings
2 large sweet potatoes (9 oz ea.)
1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple (unsweetened, drained)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp firmly packed brown sugar

Topping:
1 Tbs chopped pecans (optional)
2 tsp wheat germ
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees>
Prick sweet potatoes several times with a sharp knife and bake them 45
minutes, or until tender.

Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.  Carefully scoop out the pulp with a
spoon, leaving a
1/4" shell.
In a medium bowl, combine potato pulp with crushed pineapple, vanilla,
cinnamon, and brown sugar.  Mix with a fork until well blended.
Divide mixture evenly and fill the potato shells, smoothing the tops
with
the back of a spoon.

Sprinkle with pecan (if desired), pressing them gently into the
potatoes.
combine wheat germ and cinnamon and  sprinkle evenly over potatoes.

Place potatoes in a shallow baking pan.
Bake 15 minutes.

Each serving provides:
125 calories