sloppy joes

All this talk of sandwiches and men has reminded me of this recipe.  I
offered it to a landlord who extoled the virtues of m**t eating, with his
hypercholesterolaemia and all.  Needless to say he loved it... and I do too
because of the calcium and protein packed in.

SLOPPY BEANS                                Serves 2 hungry people.

1/4 C.        chopped onion
1/4 C.        chopped green pepper
2 C.           canned kidney beans, drained
2 TBSP     ketchup
1/2 tsp.     mustard
3/4 C.       FF cottage cheese
1/4 C.       FF sour cream
hamburger buns or toast

Saute by whatever means the onion and green pepper until soft.  Add the
beans, mashing gently, and cook a further 2-3 minutes.
Add the ketchup and mustard.  Finally, add the cottage cheese and sour cream
and cook just until heated through.  Serve over the hamburger buns or toast.
Enjoy!

SHARON McCLEAVE BSc(Hons)Ost MRO
Registered Osteopath-------