sloppy joes

All this talk of sandwiches and men has reminded me of this recipe.  I
offered it to a landlord who extoled the virtues of m**t eating, with his
hypercholesterolaemia and all.  Needless to say he loved it... and I do too
because of the calcium and protein packed in.

SLOPPY BEANS                                Serves 2 hungry people.

1/4 C.        chopped onion
1/4 C.        chopped green pepper
2 C.           canned kidney beans, drained
2 TBSP     ketchup
1/2 tsp.     mustard
3/4 C.       FF cottage cheese
1/4 C.       FF sour cream
hamburger buns or toast

Saute by whatever means the onion and green pepper until soft.  Add the
beans, mashing gently, and cook a further 2-3 minutes.
Add the ketchup and mustard.  Finally, add the cottage cheese and sour cream
and cook just until heated through.  Serve over the hamburger buns or toast.

Registered Osteopath-------