fried gluten

Good morning. I went to a chinese restaurant last Saturday and had
something called "Vegetarian General Tso's Chicken". The waiter explained
it wasn't tofu, but it WAS very good. So I ordered it. It was absolutely
delicious. I took a couple of pieces home to show a friend of mine, but
he couldn't figure out either how it was done. It seemed to be sort of
rolled, small pieces you could eat on a toothpick.  The menu said it was
fried gluten.

Checked a bunch of veggie cookbooks, no dice. Anyone have an idea on how
this was done? It was really good. This restaurant was in lower

Thanks bunches.

Susan Scatena
"Cats Rule, Dogs Drool"