fried gluten

Good morning. I went to a chinese restaurant last Saturday and had
something called "Vegetarian General Tso's Chicken". The waiter explained
it wasn't tofu, but it WAS very good. So I ordered it. It was absolutely
delicious. I took a couple of pieces home to show a friend of mine, but
he couldn't figure out either how it was done. It seemed to be sort of
rolled, small pieces you could eat on a toothpick.  The menu said it was
fried gluten.

Checked a bunch of veggie cookbooks, no dice. Anyone have an idea on how
this was done? It was really good. This restaurant was in lower
Manhattan.

Thanks bunches.

Susan Scatena
susan192@xxxxxxxx