chipotle info

Tonya,

Chipotle chiles are dried, smoked (red, generally - meaning ripe green
ones) jalapenos peppers.  I've never found them dry (only in cans in adobo
sauce), so I smoked fresh red jalapenos in my wok, then dried them in my
dehydrator, thus dried, smoked jalapenos.  They're great!

The adobo sauce in the can is water, tomato puree, veg. oil, flour, salt,
vinegar, onion and garlic powders and spices.  Chipotle is pronounced
Chee-POTE-lay.

Hope this helps,
Katja