yogurt cheese

Lynn wrote:

>I use the syrup in a lot of things, and it is hard to go ten paces here in VT
>without seeing some food or other it has been added to- but to cheese?
>Nope, never heard of doing that, and not sure I would want to do it either.
>My favorite use is to make granola and to top plain yogurt.

I had been responding to the person who asked about getting rid of the
bitter taste when making yogurt cheese.  When I used to make ff yogurt
cheese, I read that mixing in a small amount of maple syrup would cut the
bitter edge, and it did, without it tasting sweet.  The recipe surely wasn't
that far off, as you're using it to top your plain yogurt!  :-)