Need help

I hope somebody can help. I am trying to take off the 10 pounds I've put on
since last year (and I still wanted to lose 10 more then!). I'm trying to go
back to the McD. maximum weight loss plan and also increase my exercising.
But I find myself suddenly STARVING at times, with almost no warning. It's so
bad I get the shakes and get incredibly irritable, sometimes even start to
lose my balance/coordination. Then I usually over-compensate and eat too much
in an attempt to level myself out. Any tips on how to avoid this? I'd love to
know what foods other McD-ers keep around that you can eat right away when
you get to that point. I need ideas besides fresh fruit, which doesn't seem
to help much when I'm THAT hungry. TIA!!

Holly in Virginia