Tempeh Bacon

We get tempeh bacon called "Fakin' Bacon" by Lightlife in our stores here.  It
is marinated smoky tempeh strips.  I "fry" them using a pan spray.  They are
best when eaten right away while they are hot.  We love bacon and tomato
sandwiches during the summer and are already enjoying them this year.  One
serving (3 strips) contains 2.5 grams of fat.  I usually don't use 3 strips on a
sandwich, about 1-1/2 makes a great sandwich.  The ingredient list looks like it
is all vegetable.  The tollfree # for Lightlife foods is 1-800-274-6001 if you
are looking for this product in your area.

Marjorie Busby, MPH, RD, LDN
mgbusb@xxxxxxxxxxx