For the person who wanted melon soup recipes:
(from Veggie Life)
3 cups diced cantaloupe
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped candied ginger
1/2 cup half&half or soy or rice cream equal
Additional candied ginger for garnish (optional)
1. In a food processor or blender, combine 2 cups of cantaloupe, orange
juice, lemon juice and ginger. Process until smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowel and stir in half&half and remaining cup of
cantaloupe, diced small.
3. Serve chilled, garnished with slivers of candied ginger, if desired.
CHILLED CANTALOUPE-PEACH SOUP
(from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest)
6 medium sized ripe peached
1/4 cup dry white wind
6 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (approx the equivalent of juice from one
large, juicy lemon)
1Tbs honey or to taste
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon or to taste
dash of nutmeg or to taste
1 med sized ripe cantaloupe (5" diameter)
1 cup fresh orange juice
1. Peel, pit and slice the peaches. Place them in a heavy saucepan with
everything except the cantaloupe and orange juice. Heat the peach
mixture to a boil and lower to a simmer, cover and let it stew for 10
minutes. Let it cool to room temperature.
2. Using a blender or a food processor, puree the peacvh mixture with
all its liquid. Return the puree to a serving bowl.
3. Chop approx 3/4 the cantaloupe (minus skin and seeds of course) and
puree it in the orange juice until smooth. Add it to the peach puree.
Mince the remaining melon and add these pieces unpureed. Cover and
chill. Serve very cold.
There 11 recipes in a now defunct magazine called "Vegetarian Gourmet".
You want the Spring 1994 issue if you can get it from your library or
I am over running the amount of room I feel comfortable taking in the
digest so you can contact me directly if you wish.
You can fix Kohlrabi like mashed potatoes, like slaw, braised, as soup