pasta salads, vegan, tried and true

>Does anyone have some recipes for pasta salad without oil? I'm looking for
>some cool dishes for all the hot weather we've been having.
>Guess I have to catch up on my reading since I've been gone for 12 days.
>Jan Bennicoff

 From one Jasn to another, here are two I like to make:

Spaghetti Salad

1 pound spaghetti, cooked and rinsed in cold water

4 - 5 large vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
4 - 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 bunch fresh basil, chopped

toss spaghetti with about 1/2 - 2/3 of the vegetables, arrange in a pretty
bowl.  Season wo taste with salt and pepper.  Arrange a nice layer of
vegetables on top.  Decorate with basil.

Pasta Salad
1 pound penne or corkscrew pasta, cooked and rinsed with cold water
add chopped veggie of your choice, I like:
1 each red and green bell pepper, chopped
1/3 - 1/3 pound steamed green beans
2 - 3 carrots, sliced and lightly steamed
1 can artichoke hearts, in water, drained and quartered
1 medium red onion, diced (or use sliced scallions)

Dressing:
1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried ot 1/4 cup fresh basil
1 - 2 cloved garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste.
about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Mix dressing with pasta and veggies.  (save extra dressing in a jar in the
fridge,)  Serve

Jan Gordon <jrg14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To be yourself, in a world that tries, night
and day, to make you just like everybody
else - is to fight the greatest battle there
ever is to fight, and never stop fighting.     --e.e. cummings