FW: great seitan recipe

 ----------
From:  Siegel, Roslyn
Sent:  Friday, June 20, 1997 2:35 PM
To:  'artemis@xxxxxxxxx'
Subject:  great seitan recipe

 ----------
From:  Michelle Dick[SMTP:artemis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:  Tuesday, June 10, 1997 5:49 PM
To:  Siegel, Roslyn
Subject:  Re: FATFREE Digest V97 #112

This is a fantastic,easy and quick dish for all "no-fat" loyalists. You

need to buy a package of "White Wave" seitan at the health store. This is

a WHEAT product and totally fat-free. And one of the best items around.

I've used this recipe over and over again and anyone trying it for the
first time asks for doggy-bags as they leave.

One pkg seitan, thinly sliced
3-4 onions, chopped
sliced fresh mushrooms
scallions optional
red or green pepper (or both) sliced
soy sauce
Pkg pasta ( I use Udon preferably but any kind will do, and vary amt
according to taste.)

In large wok or pan saute in soy sauce (dilute with some water or amino

acids if necessary) the onions, seitan and other vegetables until wilted.

In separate pan boil and drain pasta according to directions on pkg. Put

pasta into wok and thoroughly mix and you've got one of the best dishes

ever!! Enjoy.  Please let me know what you think.