Unidentified subject!

Ever since I became a vegan (I think that is when it all started) I have
had terrible gas almost every day.  Maybe this comes from the beans, but it
seems to happen even when I am not eating beans.  Anyway, I wouldn't want
to stop eating beans because I do not eat dairy and it is where I get most
of my protein.  I am wondering if others have this problem and what they do
to get rid of it.  I have tried some over the counter anti-gas medicine but
it doesn't seem to help much.

Thank you