Soy flour fat content

> Jacqueline <still@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's how my cookbook prefaces the use of soy flour:
> "Soy flour, like soybeans, is 20% fat and 34% protein.

Your American Vegetarian Cookbook cookbook is in error (or they took
the fat-by-weight myth too seriously). Typical soy flour is 40 to 44
percent calories from fat. Defatted soy flour is about 3 percent cff.
Raw soybeans are about 44 percent cff, roasted soybeans about 48
percent cff and La Loma canned soybeans are 53 percent cff. Despite
much misinformation to the contrary, soybean sprouts have the same
fat content as the beans.   (Source: USDA Handbook No.8, revised)
---
Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM