Can Pesto be Fat Free?

Another question or two... different topic...

I'm growing my own basil this year, originally planned to make my own pesto.

This may be a silly question, but has anyone ever heard of a fat-free pesto???
(Maybe "pesto" means "fat" in Italian?)

How about a recipe for a pesto substitute so that I can use my basil?

Also... does anyone know how "tall" the basil plant should be before leaves can
be used?

Actually, the basil is hanging over the edge of the pots.  Is this supposed
to be the way it grows?

Thanks for your help... Gardening, like camping, does not come naturally to me.

Catherine "Cat" Skinner
skinnerc@xxxxxxxx