Mango Custard

Hello everyone!  It's so nice to have the list up & running again.  In West
Virginia (where I am), we went from 79 degree weather yesterday to 34 degree
weather today.  So, because I am now longing for Summer after that short
spurt of warmth, I dug out one of my favorite tropical recipes -- and I
noticed that it also works for this list.  So, I thought I would share...
 Enjoy!  It is from Bobbie Hinman's "Meatless Gourmet:  Favorite Recipes from
Around the World."
-- Christy Hardin Smith
ReddHedd@xxxxxxx

MANGO CUSTARD      (Lacto)
2 very ripe mangoes, peeled & cut into chunks, center seed removed (about 2
cups)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 c. skim milk
1/4 c. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
In blender container, combine mango chunks, lemon juice & coconut extract.
 Blend until smooth.  In small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.  Mix
until cornstarch is dissolved.  Stir in mango mixture.  Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.  Continue to cook
and stir for 2 full minutes.  Spoon into 1-qt. shallow bowl.  Chill
thoroughly.  Serves 6.  106 calories per serving.  2 g protein.  0 g fat.  26
g carbohydrate.  26 mg sodium.  1 mg cholesterol.  0% fat.  [I suppose you
might be able to make this vegan by using rice milk or soy milk, but I've
never tried it that way myself.]