Yummy Vegan Nacho Cheeze

Quite a while back there was a recipe making the rounds on this list for
"Vegan Cheeze".  The original recipe came from _The Uncheese Cookbook_,
and called for oil.  Most who posted said that they had had luck making
it sans oil.  I tried it out and liked the flavor, but thought the stuff
was way too thick.  So, I cut the recipe in half, and some water for
significantly better results.  The original recipe also called for
mustard to be whisked in after the sauce had boiled and thickened.  I
still use this variation, especially when making it for the whole family
to use on broccoli or baked potatoes (the original recipe called for
something like 1 teaspoon of mustard for twice as much sauce--I use about
1 tablespoon for mine).

Anyway, what I was really interested in developing was a "nacho" type
sauce, like the kind you get at hockey games (or whatever sporting event
you are into).  This is what I came up with and I have been extremely
pleased with the results.  I eat it at least two or three times a week
with Baked Tostitos.

Vegan Nacho Cheeze

1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
1 t. seasoned salt, or to taste (you can also use garlic salt or plain salt)
Several shakes of the green jalapeno Tabasco sauce (depending on how
spicy you like your sauce)
2 Tbsp. diced green chiles (I use canned--I store the remainder of the
can in the fridge and use it throughout the week.  Again, you can adjust this
according to taste)

Measure flour, nutritional yeast, and salt into small saucepan.  Whisk in
1 1/2 cups of water.  Cook over high heat whisking constantly.  Bring to
boil, allowing it to boil about 30 seconds or until it thickens up.
Remove from heat and stir in green Tabasco and chiles.  Eat while still
warm.  (I have heard that it does not reheat well, but I don't know
becuase I have never had any leftover :-)  )

To make the mustard version, omit the Tabasco and the chiles and add 1
tablespoon of mustard (I've used several different kinds all with good
results) to the cheeze after removing it from the burner.

Kristin