Barley soup

Thanks for the barley soup suggestions.

The recipes posted both used the same vegies, and Jeni's suggestion of
lots of different mushrooms sounds wonderful.  I will be making this
next week.  Has anyone tried adding a little canned tomatoe to enhance
flavor?   I want to bring this as part of my Christmas dinner.  Since
I'm the only vegetarian, I will be bringing all my own food which
includes tofu lasagna which I made this past weekend and it was
absolutely delicious and coming from an Italian who grew up on my mom's
lasagna I really didn't have high hopes for this but it really was
great.  I'll also make the barley soup, and rice pudding for desert.  I
can't wait.

Thanks again for all the great recipes.

Karen